The Sherman Museum’s Research Room provides a selection of books, research files, photograph collection, and copies of the Oral History Program recordings and transcripts. The Museum makes these resources available at the discretion of the Director.
Please follow the procedures listed below for research. Thank you for your support.
- Be prepared to do your own research.
- Bring the necessary supplies:
- Reading glasses
- Any information you need to refer to on the research topic
- City Directories – Sherman and Denison 1876 through 2003
- Books – history, antiques, Grayson County ancestry, coins, glass, old houses, museums
- Museum periodicals
- Research files – newspaper clippings, articles, research papers, and other documents
- List of photographs in the museum collection
- Oral history – copies of recordings and transcripts made through the museum’s Oral History Program will be provided for research. Tape-recorded histories (previously donated and not produced by the museum) may not be available, as reproduction may not be possible.